If youâ€™ve been online or reading magazines, you probably have noticed the trend of making banners to decorate or celebrate. Iâ€™ve â€œhoppedâ€ on the bandwagon for Easter (har, har!) and whipped up this simple but stunning decoration. However, this would be just as cute if it said â€œSpringâ€ or â€œCelebrate.â€
- Black Magic Core-dinations cardstock (or your choice in 4 different colors)
- Nanaâ€™s Kids Patterned Paper (or your choice in 4 different patterns
- big tub oâ€™ buttons
- Darice Tape Runner
- Crafterâ€™s Toolbox White Glue
- Glue dots foam pop-ups
- Eyelets and setter
- 1/8 hole punch
- ribbon for hanging
- Cricut Personal Die-cutter (Optional)
- Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge (to cut circles and flowers)
- Storybook Cartridge (to cut letters and butterflies)
(If you donâ€™t have have a Cricut, you can cut your circles anyway you like! You can also substitute chipboard letters for the die-cut letters, too.)
Select 4 sheets of plain colored cardstock and 4 sheets of patterned paper that work well together. From each piece ofÂ plain cardstock, cut two 4â€³ circles, two 2â€³ flowers, and two 1.5â€³ flowers using the Plantin Schoolbook cart or cutting method of your choice. With the patterned paper, from each sheetÂ cut two 3 1/2â€³ circlesÂ Using the tape runner, adhere the pattern paper in the middle of the plain cardstock circle.
Mark two holes at 10 oâ€™clock and 2 oâ€™clock, about 1/4 inch from the edge of the circle. This is where your eyelets will be set. Punch holes with the hole punch. Use the first one to mark all of the others to keep them consistent.Â Set the eyelets on the front of the circles.
Switching to the Storybook cartridge and using a sheet of plain white cardstock., cut out the letters for â€œEasterâ€, making the letters 3â€³ high. Cut two butterflies at 3â€³ as well.
Using white glue, attach the letters and two butterflies in the middle of the circles. While thatâ€™s drying, layer one large flower, one small flower, and one button to make little embellishments. Repeat 6 times or as many as you need to dress up your banner as you wish.Â Use white glue to hold the embellishments together. Add 3 small buttons each to adorn the â€œbodyâ€ of the butterflies. Using the foam dots, attach flower embellishments to the circles.
Using approximately 3 yards of ribbon, thread it through the eyelets to hang your festive Spring/Easter banner. Enjoy!
CTD affiliate links:
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017