Today I’m taking a look at the new Spellbinders “Platinum” die cutting machine. Unlike the Grand Calibur, it will actually take STEEL RULE DIES! (That was my big complaint with that machine.) Well now Spellbinders has opened up a new world of dies for us to use. Let’s take a look!
Product provided for review purposes. Opinions are my own and based on my first-hand experience with the product. Links below may be affiliate shopping links for your convenience.
Here’s how it’s described on the website:
Designed with your creative versatility in mind, the Platinum™ Die Cutting & Embossing machine is the latest in Spellbinders® Creative Arts line of innovative machines. With Platinum™ the creative possibilities are endless. It provides unsurpassed power and cutting pressure. Cuts over 40 different materials of varying thickness. Cuts up to 8 layers in a single pass on a large 8 1/2 inches platform. Compatible with Spellbinders® new Contour™ Steel Rule Dies, as well as Spellbinders® etched die templates, Em-bossing Fold’ers™ and most other dies. Get creative on a brilliant scale with Platinum™!
I made you a quick 5 minute video showing you just how it works with the different brands of dies!
Now… just to take a closer look at those photos:
And just a reminder if you are going to use Darice Embossing Folders, Texture Fades, or ProvoCraft/ Anna Griffin Embossing Folders you MUST use an extra shim….and a piece of corrugated cardboard does the trick!!
I have to admit… all of my die cutting has been on the Spellbinders Platinum lately (even for my OneLittleTag challenge and my holiday cards and tags!) It’s so versatile and that little shimming issue doesn’t bother me.
What machine do you use? I’d love to hear from you!
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017