Today I’m taking a look at the new Spellbinders “Platinum” die cutting machine. Unlike the Grand Calibur, it will actually take STEEL RULE DIES! (That was my big complaint with that machine.) Well now Spellbinders has opened up a new world of dies for us to use. Let’s take a look!
Product provided for review purposes. Opinions are my own and based on my first-hand experience with the product. Links below may be affiliate shopping links for your convenience.
Here’s how it’s described on the website:
Designed with your creative versatility in mind, the Platinum™ Die Cutting & Embossing machine is the latest in Spellbinders® Creative Arts line of innovative machines. With Platinum™ the creative possibilities are endless. It provides unsurpassed power and cutting pressure. Cuts over 40 different materials of varying thickness. Cuts up to 8 layers in a single pass on a large 8 1/2 inches platform. Compatible with Spellbinders® new Contour™ Steel Rule Dies, as well as Spellbinders® etched die templates, Em-bossing Fold’ers™ and most other dies. Get creative on a brilliant scale with Platinum™!
I made you a quick 5 minute video showing you just how it works with the different brands of dies!
Now… just to take a closer look at those photos:
And just a reminder if you are going to use Darice Embossing Folders, Texture Fades, or ProvoCraft/ Anna Griffin Embossing Folders you MUST use an extra shim….and a piece of corrugated cardboard does the trick!!
I have to admit… all of my die cutting has been on the Spellbinders Platinum lately (even for my OneLittleTag challenge and my holiday cards and tags!) It’s so versatile and that little shimming issue doesn’t bother me.
What machine do you use? I’d love to hear from you!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018