Today I’m taking a look at the new Spellbinders “Platinum” die cutting machine. Unlike the Grand Calibur, it will actually take STEEL RULE DIES! (That was my big complaint with that machine.) Well now Spellbinders has opened up a new world of dies for us to use. Let’s take a look!
Product provided for review purposes. Opinions are my own and based on my first-hand experience with the product. Links below may be affiliate shopping links for your convenience.
Here’s how it’s described on the website:
Designed with your creative versatility in mind, the Platinum™ Die Cutting & Embossing machine is the latest in Spellbinders® Creative Arts line of innovative machines. With Platinum™ the creative possibilities are endless. It provides unsurpassed power and cutting pressure. Cuts over 40 different materials of varying thickness. Cuts up to 8 layers in a single pass on a large 8 1/2 inches platform. Compatible with Spellbinders® new Contour™ Steel Rule Dies, as well as Spellbinders® etched die templates, Em-bossing Fold’ers™ and most other dies. Get creative on a brilliant scale with Platinum™!
I made you a quick 5 minute video showing you just how it works with the different brands of dies!
Now… just to take a closer look at those photos:
And just a reminder if you are going to use Darice Embossing Folders, Texture Fades, or ProvoCraft/ Anna Griffin Embossing Folders you MUST use an extra shim….and a piece of corrugated cardboard does the trick!!
I have to admit… all of my die cutting has been on the Spellbinders Platinum lately (even for my OneLittleTag challenge and my holiday cards and tags!) It’s so versatile and that little shimming issue doesn’t bother me.
What machine do you use? I’d love to hear from you!
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017
- Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints - April 7, 2017
- Speed Collage- 7 Layers and in a Series - April 4, 2017