This is a post I wrote for CraftsUnleashed.com for their “Christmas in July” series- so I thought it was about time I shared it here, too!
Hereâ€™s a fun and edible craft for your Christmas parties! This time, weâ€™re going to use the Cricut Cake to cut frosting sheets to make amazing holiday cookies youâ€™ll be so proud to serve, you wonâ€™t want to eat!
- Cricut Cake Machine
- Frosting Sheets
- Canned Frosting & blue food coloring
- Drop and bake refrigerated cookies
Start off my baking your cookies and let them cool. In the meanwhile, add a few drops of blue food coloring to your frosting and mix well. Frost your cooled cookies.
To make the snowflake decorations,weâ€™re going to cut shapes from the frosting sheets. First, prepare the mat by brushing solid vegetable shortening on the cutting mat.
Then, remove the frosting sheet from the package and backing sheet and place it on the mat. Use a rolling pin to smooth out any bubbles and make sure the frosting sheet is very well adhered.
Using the Cake Basics cart that comes with your machine, select the snowflake image. I adjusted the size using the size wheel until the display read 2â€³. Thatâ€™s just about perfect for a cookie!
Hit the â€œcutâ€ button, and viola! Frosting sheet snowflakes!
Repeat as many times as you need for your batch of cookies. Something to take note of: if you are using a tinted frosting, the frosting sheets will become translucent where they touch the frosting. For best results, frost your cookies beforehand and then place our snowflake decorations just before serving. (Keep them in a plastic baggie so they donâ€™t go stale in the meanwhile.)
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017