This is a post I wrote for CraftsUnleashed.com for their “Christmas in July” series- so I thought it was about time I shared it here, too!
Hereâ€™s a fun and edible craft for your Christmas parties! This time, weâ€™re going to use the Cricut Cake to cut frosting sheets to make amazing holiday cookies youâ€™ll be so proud to serve, you wonâ€™t want to eat!
- Cricut Cake Machine
- Frosting Sheets
- Canned Frosting & blue food coloring
- Drop and bake refrigerated cookies
Start off my baking your cookies and let them cool. In the meanwhile, add a few drops of blue food coloring to your frosting and mix well. Frost your cooled cookies.
To make the snowflake decorations,weâ€™re going to cut shapes from the frosting sheets. First, prepare the mat by brushing solid vegetable shortening on the cutting mat.
Then, remove the frosting sheet from the package and backing sheet and place it on the mat. Use a rolling pin to smooth out any bubbles and make sure the frosting sheet is very well adhered.
Using the Cake Basics cart that comes with your machine, select the snowflake image. I adjusted the size using the size wheel until the display read 2â€³. Thatâ€™s just about perfect for a cookie!
Hit the â€œcutâ€ button, and viola! Frosting sheet snowflakes!
Repeat as many times as you need for your batch of cookies. Something to take note of: if you are using a tinted frosting, the frosting sheets will become translucent where they touch the frosting. For best results, frost your cookies beforehand and then place our snowflake decorations just before serving. (Keep them in a plastic baggie so they donâ€™t go stale in the meanwhile.)
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017
- Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints - April 7, 2017
- Speed Collage- 7 Layers and in a Series - April 4, 2017