This is a post I wrote for CraftsUnleashed.com for their “Christmas in July” series- so I thought it was about time I shared it here, too!
Hereâ€™s a fun and edible craft for your Christmas parties! This time, weâ€™re going to use the Cricut Cake to cut frosting sheets to make amazing holiday cookies youâ€™ll be so proud to serve, you wonâ€™t want to eat!
- Cricut Cake Machine
- Frosting Sheets
- Canned Frosting & blue food coloring
- Drop and bake refrigerated cookies
Start off my baking your cookies and let them cool. In the meanwhile, add a few drops of blue food coloring to your frosting and mix well. Frost your cooled cookies.
To make the snowflake decorations,weâ€™re going to cut shapes from the frosting sheets. First, prepare the mat by brushing solid vegetable shortening on the cutting mat.
Then, remove the frosting sheet from the package and backing sheet and place it on the mat. Use a rolling pin to smooth out any bubbles and make sure the frosting sheet is very well adhered.
Using the Cake Basics cart that comes with your machine, select the snowflake image. I adjusted the size using the size wheel until the display read 2â€³. Thatâ€™s just about perfect for a cookie!
Hit the â€œcutâ€ button, and viola! Frosting sheet snowflakes!
Repeat as many times as you need for your batch of cookies. Something to take note of: if you are using a tinted frosting, the frosting sheets will become translucent where they touch the frosting. For best results, frost your cookies beforehand and then place our snowflake decorations just before serving. (Keep them in a plastic baggie so they donâ€™t go stale in the meanwhile.)
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing and Giveaway! - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018