We had a blizzard here the past coupla days, so we hunkered down and stayed cozy and safe. I decided to play a bit more with my new extruder, and my brain is buzzing with possibilities. Unfortunately, I was so over-stimulated that I forgot to mind the clay oven, and I scorched a number of pieces. However, with some of them I don’t mind, and I’m going to “make it work” as Tim Gunn would say!
Actually, the top left pendant in the picture got a little toasty brown, so when it was cool I rubbed the entire thing with bronze rub-n-buff. It looks much more like ceramic, I think, now. The piece on the top right was glazed with 2 coats of TLS.Â I’m not crazy about how it turned out. You lose all of the detail. Oh well.
I really dig the ball beads, too. The one on the left is “naked”, and the one on the right is glazed with Future. I think I like the extruded clay unvarnished the best. This is a first for me, because usually I like things shiny and glossy!
This is my fav, though, so far. Reminds me of swirling waves. it has a diagonal hole for stringing.Â I’m calling it “Sea Swirls.” And while it doesn’t show up in this photo, there is a light brushing of interference blue Pearl-Ex on it. Yummy!
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017