We had a blizzard here the past coupla days, so we hunkered down and stayed cozy and safe. I decided to play a bit more with my new extruder, and my brain is buzzing with possibilities. Unfortunately, I was so over-stimulated that I forgot to mind the clay oven, and I scorched a number of pieces. However, with some of them I don’t mind, and I’m going to “make it work” as Tim Gunn would say!
Actually, the top left pendant in the picture got a little toasty brown, so when it was cool I rubbed the entire thing with bronze rub-n-buff. It looks much more like ceramic, I think, now. The piece on the top right was glazed with 2 coats of TLS.Â I’m not crazy about how it turned out. You lose all of the detail. Oh well.
I really dig the ball beads, too. The one on the left is “naked”, and the one on the right is glazed with Future. I think I like the extruded clay unvarnished the best. This is a first for me, because usually I like things shiny and glossy!
This is my fav, though, so far. Reminds me of swirling waves. it has a diagonal hole for stringing.Â I’m calling it “Sea Swirls.” And while it doesn’t show up in this photo, there is a light brushing of interference blue Pearl-Ex on it. Yummy!
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY & GIVEAWAY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017
- Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints - April 7, 2017
- Speed Collage- 7 Layers and in a Series - April 4, 2017