We had a blizzard here the past coupla days, so we hunkered down and stayed cozy and safe. I decided to play a bit more with my new extruder, and my brain is buzzing with possibilities. Unfortunately, I was so over-stimulated that I forgot to mind the clay oven, and I scorched a number of pieces. However, with some of them I don’t mind, and I’m going to “make it work” as Tim Gunn would say!
Actually, the top left pendant in the picture got a little toasty brown, so when it was cool I rubbed the entire thing with bronze rub-n-buff. It looks much more like ceramic, I think, now. The piece on the top right was glazed with 2 coats of TLS.Â I’m not crazy about how it turned out. You lose all of the detail. Oh well.
I really dig the ball beads, too. The one on the left is “naked”, and the one on the right is glazed with Future. I think I like the extruded clay unvarnished the best. This is a first for me, because usually I like things shiny and glossy!
This is my fav, though, so far. Reminds me of swirling waves. it has a diagonal hole for stringing.Â I’m calling it “Sea Swirls.” And while it doesn’t show up in this photo, there is a light brushing of interference blue Pearl-Ex on it. Yummy!
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017