Did you know that ladybugs were symbols of good luck? I thought they’d be just the thing to put on a card for a new grad heading off to college, a kid getting ready for a play or competition, or even a friend heading off to a new job. With this sweet button/ribbon collection from Buttons Galore and More, I made this card in a snap.
I started with the bottom portion of the card, “stacking” ribbons that came in the Summer Blooms set, adhering them with Zip Dry Glue. I then cut the shanks off of the flower buttons and adhered them with some more Zip Dry.
To make the text area, I cut a piece of Core’Dinations cardstock with my Nestabilities Labels #4 die, and then punched out the brackets with a hand punch. I made the text with my NEW Dymo Labeler…which has 3 wheels. Am I in hog heaven or what??
To make the top portion, I cut two Scalloped Circles out of Core’Dinations cardstock with my Grand Calibur. I then embossed the yellow one with a new Darice Embossing Folder, and distressed it just a little with sandpaper.
Then, I used my Martha Stewart “Anywhere Punch” to make a little focal point in which to place my ladybug. I glued everything down with Zip Dry- including the Ladybug button, after I clipped off the shank. (If you don’t have this exact button, Martha Stewart makes a really cute ladybug punch and you could use that instead.)
Note: I received product from the following companies as either a member of their design teams or for review:
- Core’Dinations cards, cardstock: ConsumerCrafts
- Grand Calibur and dies: Spellbinders
- Zip Dry: Beacon Adhesives
- Mini Glue Dots, Buttons/Ribbon: Buttons Galore and More
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018