Time for the Simon Says Stamp February Card Kit, peeps! And I made SIX Valentine’s Day/ Love cards in one go.
By the way, I’ve decided I like Simon Says Stamp so much, I’ve become and affiliate partner and you can use THIS LINK to buy! Thank you!
Not gonna lie…this month I struggled with the card kit. The vintage colors felt a bit washed out to me, and I couldn’t quite feel the gold Gelato with clear embossing ink. While I love them together (see this post on embossing resist here) I just didn’t love them with the colors of paper in the set. But let’s take a look:
Here are those cards again:
Note that I fell back to one of my favorite techniques- Stamping with Acrylic Blocks. It’s so easy to get that watercolored background look!
This set of six cards took about 3 hours….much longer than I regularly need to get going. Ever feel that way- kind of in a slump? How do you snap out of it? (I actually went back to the inspiration sheets of previous card kits to get jumpstarted, as well as using that watercolor technique that I love.)
Which card is your favorite? Leave me a comment, I’d love to hear from you!
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017