Got some old neckties that are hideous? One or two with sentimental value? How about whipping up a quick little purse-lette with it?
This idea came from the Sulky Company (makes thread and machine embroidery accessories) but I’m doing mine by hand. And with a little help from my hot glue gun. The link came through my ClothPaperStudio Yahoo Group– we’re going to do a little swappin’- but I pounced on the idea because I got a new Sirius portable radio for Christmas..
So far the new accessories aren’t out yet. Picture this: Jenny is working at her studio table, engrossed in craftmania. The radio portion is on the table. Jenny drops a bead! She goes down to retrieve it, and the radio is pulled off of the table and on to the floor. The headphones pop off and mess up her hair. What to do first? Get the bead? Fix the hair? Retrieve the radio???
So I figure if I make up one of these little beauties for myself, I’ll have a handy-dandy place to stow the radio. Then I only have to worry about those dang wayward beads.
And if you have even more ties to use up, here are some projects to explore:
- Necktie School Bag on CraftBits
- Recycled Necktie Bookmarks from the Carol Duvall Show
- Necktie Halter Top from DIYnetworks’ Stylicious show
And if you’d like to see some other folks’ craftwork with ties, check these out, too:
- Big Horn Mountain’s tie quilt block, made in memory of the ties owner….
- Darcia Ray’s necktie quilt… good close-up to give you an idea of how to piece it
- Xanadu23 refashions ties into some rockin’, edgy skirts. Shout out to the CIA grads!
- And Jana Morgan made a whole ballgown out of ’em!!
It just dawned on me I should have saved all of this ’till Father’s day….oh well.
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017