So, ok, originally the poem said, “MEND on Wednesday,” but what the heck. I pulled out my Mini Patchfolio pattern from Craft Apple, and got to work.
The first dilemma was picking fabric. Yes, I have a 5-drawer chest filled with fabric in my sewing room. But upon closer inspection, I seem to have a bazillion mini-prints and solids, and very few focus fabrics. The other thing is that I rarely buy a line of fabrics… usually just a yard here and there. Now I see that I’m going to have to buy fabric the way I do paper- in coordinated sets. Good thing that Quilting and Sewing Expo is coming up!
Anyway, I’m happy to report that the instructions were clear and easy, and it only took me an hour and a half for my first attempt…. and it looks good! Yay!
Now that I’ve made one according to “recipe,” I’m thinking of different ways of doing the cover, adding embellishments, etc. I highly recommend Craft Apples pattern as “Craftastic!”
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017