Quite a while ago (and back when I was claying regularly) I wrote a love letter to the Makin’s Clay Extruder. I had been trying to use the Sculpey push-extruder and it was KILLING my hands. I switched over to the screw type and never looked back. But for those of you who have the push-extruder type (Sculpey or otherwise) here’s a great hack from Cindy Lietz on her YouTube Channel.
So while I still love and endorse my Makin’s Clay Extruder, if you have this other style this could be a BIG help to you! And I’ll have to try that baby wipe trick. 🙂
Now, if you are encouraged to go the “make-your-own-adaptor” route, there is a tutorial on Poly Clay Play on how to do just that, using supplies from the hardware store.
They are using a plastic pipe fitting, a big metal waster and a caster cup. Very clever.
Lastly, if you have $2, you can just BUY one from Poly Tools!
I’ve never ordered from this company so I can’t vouch for them, but if you have a bit of time for it to be shipped to you, two bucks can’t be beat!
So there you have it, friends- three different hacks for using a push-style extruder with a caulking gun. Happy Claying!
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017