If you know me, you know I love a challenge! So when the folks at ScribbleShop.com offered me a box o’ goodies and the challenge to use as many as I could in ONE PROJECT…well, I was all like “It’s ON!”
Wanna see what they sent me?
And friends, I am happy to report that I used it ALL- even the candy wrapper, the box AND the tissue paper! I make a cute little mixed media book.
I used the cardboard and craft sticks and Mod Podge to make the covers. I used the metallic stamp pad to color it all, and dressed up the cover with the felt paisley stickers and the “Dress it Up” buttons.
To make the inner pages, I used some watercolor paper that I stenciled with some black ink using the DecoArt Stencils they sent. I added some color along the edges with the Prang Colored pencils, too.
I even used the tissue paper and candy wrapper with some Mod Podge to make a sheet of plastic-y paper that I used to create little pockets…which I attached with raffia.
I even used the glass gems to make little “feet” for the back cover, so when you lay it down it won’t scratch the back.
If you’d like a better look, you can see the whole book in this little video.
I’d like to thank ScribbleShop.com for the chance to participate. Please leave me a comment, and visit ScribbleShop here:
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/
- Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017