Id barely recovered from last week’s trip to Washington, DC when I got a fabulous call to come tape a segment for the PBS show, Scrapbook Soup. I’d chatted with the producer months before….but like so many things, it was kind of in a holding pattern and nothing was set. So I scrambled to get some product together for a quick segment on adaptive tools for the scrapbooker.
I’ll have more on the trip this week, but I did get a great shot of hostess Julie McGuffee and I together. (Make sure you go and visit her blog. There is always lots of fun ideas and giveaways!)
More on that later on….
For now, let’s recap the Week in Review- shall we?
Our reviews this week included…
- a walk-through of the Little Yellow Bicycle “Saturday” and Paradise collections from #TeamCTD writer Sara on Monday. She’s ga-ga over both- which do you like better?
- a Tuesday post in which #TeamCTD writer Jen kicked the tires on Decou-Page by DecoArt. It’s a glue-and-sealer product, and reportedly non-sticky when it dries!
- my own take of a “green” craft product review- Recycled Scissors by X-Acto brand. Great for Earth Day!
- the lovely Vicki reviewing the book “More Fabric Art Collage” by Rebekah Meier. You should also click over to her site to see the full project she made using the book. Gorgeous!
- an introduction to Primary Elements Artist Pigment by LuminArte, written by yours truly. I loved playing with them, and I had blue fingers for days! : )
- ..and a review (with a video) of Puffy Putty from ColorSplash for S&S Worldwide. It’s a super lightweight, air-drying modeling clay that is much less expensive than the other brands. Check out how I used it.
I also posted a great Earth Day (or early Mother’s Day/ Father’s Day) gift idea, a tutorial for Luggage Accessories made from men’s neckties! Would you have guessed?
I went to s&s and wrote that you sent me and I told them I was interested in the puffy putty
CONGRATS!! Of course, if you didn’t win last weeks giveaway, there is always this week: We’ve got a wonderful DecoArt Prize pack and we’ll draw a winner for that next week!
And as always, thanks for leaving comments, chiming in on my Facebook Page, tweeting back on twitter, and re-pinning the goodness on Pinterest! And have you subscribed on YouTube yet? See the reviews before the show up on the blog!
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017