Even though it’s the holiday season, and I’m well over my head with projects, I couldn’t resist jumping into one more swap at ClothPaperStudio Yahoo group.Â The idea was to make an “artful” fabric postcard, using scraps. When the sign-ups were happening, I was cleaning out my studio and had scraps out the wazoo. Then I packed up 5 bags of fabric and trims to the attic to be sorted later.
Fast forward 6 weeks: time to make the postcards. But where are all of my scraps???? Still in the attic, of course. And it’s COLD up there. So I had to scrounge what was still on my cutting table to make the cards. For once in my life, scraps were scarce!!!
I used some hand-altered silks (mostly Shiva Paintstik rubbings of rubber stamps), some hand-dyed cottons, and a few cottons that I’d stamped with acrylic paints. I also had a few upholstery fabric samples. Of course, I have tons of found objects and gew-gaws to embellish them with. So here’s my set of 3 to swap:
Now, on the whole, I’m very satisfied with them. What was interesting was working with colors that I traditionally do not put together….purple, orange and teal? Really?Â and then the one that has a bit of olive green with the other bright colors…hmm…. but I DO really like working that way. Just grabbing what’s close and making something of it.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018