Today I’m participating in a blog hop for one of our CTD sponsors, Susana’s Custom Art and Card Design- SCACD. Here’s a little intro from her, before I show you the stamp I got and the project I made!
Today SCACD releases fun and fresh stamps from the Susana Loves Stamps Collections!!! We start off with the Oddly Sweet Curiosities Set which harbors the cutest little Curiosities with matching sentiments. These are Fab and definitely year around fun!!! The second Set are four wonderful little ladies that make up The Little Sassy Crew. Check ’em out- they are the gals that have a sweetness and attitude factor that are off the charts!!! We are also introducing a fun little set of Mixed Media houses called M’s Place that makes them a must have for those that love cute in their Mixed Media.
So grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the ride!!!
I got a yummy package full of stamps and dies- you’ll hear more about that next week- but I got a sweet little monster stamp for today’s hop!
So after I mounted the stamp onto cling foam (I’ve embedded that video that the bottom of the post) I stamped the image using Staz-on ink on some watercolor paper that I’d scribbled some Gelatos on.
Then I went to town painting in my monster using Twinkling H20’s. I love the shimmer and shine and vibrant colors. I never get tired of using them!
I used more Twinkling H20’s to create a landscape for my little monster- and then added some details with my Pitt brush pen.
The “martian landscape” still seemed a little flat…so I whipped out a stencil and misted some spray ink on top. (Note- I masked my image and sky portion so that I didn’t get unwanted overspray.)
Then I let my little dude dry thoroughly and cut out the image with a Nestabilities die. I made a simple background for my card with some printed paper I had in my stash, a bit of ribbon I sewed on, and my stamped sentiment on another pieced of misted paper I had in my scrap box.(By the way, that sentiment comes with the stamp. Nice, right? )
I added a little bit of Stickles action on my monster’s head…after all, it’s all about “being yourself” and not being ashamed to let your freak flag fly!
Very fun, right?
If you’d like to see the other new releases, you can see the Oddly Sweet Curiosities Set and the Little Sassy Crew items if you follow the links. (And friends in the UK- don’t worry- you can purchase from the Quixotic Paperie!)
Make sure you also visit these other blogs to see what THEY made!
And here’s that video I promised. Enjoy!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018