Here’s on more segment from Hands On Crafts for Kids– it’s how to make a cute rocket ship gift bag you can make with your kids or FOR your kids!
This is a fun craft that uses Contact Paper, oil pastels, glitter glue, markers and a plain gift bag.
- Cut a piece of shelf paper slightly larger than bag. Place over pattern then trace with felt pen.
- To create stencil, carefully cut out center of each design element leaving the outside edges intact. Be sure to cut out center circle too.
- Insert cardboard into bag. Remove paper backing from stencil then carefully press into place on bag smoothing down. Run a finger along inside edges. Add circle to center where shown.
- Pull off several layers of paper towels then cut into fourths.
- Use the following technique to fill in design. Draw a line of Oil Pastel in desired color around a section. Crumple up a section of paper towel then use a swirling motion to work color into section. More oil pastel can be added as needed. Colors can be blended too. Use a clean paper towels for each color change. Referring to photo for reference, fill in all sections with color. Carefully remove stencil. It can re re-used several times if needed.
- Remove lid from Gold Glitter Glue tube. Start flow on paper towel then outline stars using an even pressure on tube for a smooth line. Use Red, Gold and Orange Glitter Glue to outline flames. Let dry.
Watch the video to see how it’s made!
It’s so much fun! And you could make ANY pattern to suit your birthday boy or girl. What pattern would you use??
Check the Crafts4Kids website to see more fun projects!
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017