Paper trimmers are an essential in the paper crafter’s toolbox. And if you make card cards, envelopes, or boxes, a score board is pretty darn helpful, too. Leave it to We R Memory Keepers to come up with a combination tool so that you can cut and score with one tool that doesn’t clutter up your table!
Here’s how it’s described on the website:
Trim and score projects with the convenience of one tool. Cut precisely using titanium blades on the easy-to-use 12×12” fold out surface, or create score lines for any crafting project. With measurements in both inches and centimeters, it’s perfect for creating boxes, cards, and envelopes. The Trim & Score Board and Trim & Score Refill Blades begin shipping this October.
I’ve made you this video so I can show you all of the features:
So just to summarize:
- Convenient to have both tools in one!!
- Great price point
- Onboard storage so you won’t lose your folder
- Can be used in the folded position for an even smaller footprint
- Nice clear markings for inches
- Nice deep grooves for scoring
- Easy to replace blades
- No printing markings for metrics
- Mild “fishtailing” at the end of a cut
- No onboard storage for extra blades
- Track can be less than smooth
- No additional corner tool to make envelopes (to be fair, they make a separate tool for this)
So for me, the Trim & Score is a keeper! I use my big paper cutter to rip down bigger sheets, but the Trim & Score is perfect for smaller cuts. I also love having the scoring surface so handy- and like I mentioned in the video, since I’m primarily a card-maker now, the measurements are perfect in the folded-up position. (By the way, I placed a non-skid mat under it and it stabilized it perfectly.)
I purchased this item on HSN during craft day, and it’s already available on Amazon.com for about $20! That’s a great value….and it means I can sell off my extra scoring board! What do you think? Is this a tool you would use? We’d love to hear from you!
If you’d like to make a purchase using the link below, CTD will earn a small commission. (Which frankly helps pay for reviews like this one!)
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017