Paper trimmers are an essential in the paper crafter’s toolbox. And if you make card cards, envelopes, or boxes, a score board is pretty darn helpful, too. Leave it to We R Memory Keepers to come up with a combination tool so that you can cut and score with one tool that doesn’t clutter up your table!
Here’s how it’s described on the website:
Trim and score projects with the convenience of one tool. Cut precisely using titanium blades on the easy-to-use 12×12” fold out surface, or create score lines for any crafting project. With measurements in both inches and centimeters, it’s perfect for creating boxes, cards, and envelopes. The Trim & Score Board and Trim & Score Refill Blades begin shipping this October.
I’ve made you this video so I can show you all of the features:
So just to summarize:
- Convenient to have both tools in one!!
- Great price point
- Onboard storage so you won’t lose your folder
- Can be used in the folded position for an even smaller footprint
- Nice clear markings for inches
- Nice deep grooves for scoring
- Easy to replace blades
- No printing markings for metrics
- Mild “fishtailing” at the end of a cut
- No onboard storage for extra blades
- Track can be less than smooth
- No additional corner tool to make envelopes (to be fair, they make a separate tool for this)
So for me, the Trim & Score is a keeper! I use my big paper cutter to rip down bigger sheets, but the Trim & Score is perfect for smaller cuts. I also love having the scoring surface so handy- and like I mentioned in the video, since I’m primarily a card-maker now, the measurements are perfect in the folded-up position. (By the way, I placed a non-skid mat under it and it stabilized it perfectly.)
I purchased this item on HSN during craft day, and it’s already available on Amazon.com for about $20! That’s a great value….and it means I can sell off my extra scoring board! What do you think? Is this a tool you would use? We’d love to hear from you!
If you’d like to make a purchase using the link below, CTD will earn a small commission. (Which frankly helps pay for reviews like this one!)
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017