I love to decorate for the different holiday seasons-and I especially love making crafty items for our parties and family get-togethers. (And Halloween crafting is my FAVORITE!) But what if you don’t want to *store* all of those decorations and supplies? Well, then make something that you can re-use for the next season, of course! And today I’m going to show you how you can use Krylon Frosted Glass Effect to make a spooky design on your goblets… and then when the season is over, just wash it away!
To make this you’ll need:
- Krylon Frosted Glass Effect Spray (read my review of it here.)
- Stencils (use what you have, but you can also cut your own with shelf liner and a craft knife OR use a die-cutting machine OR buy stick-on vinyl stencils
- Masking Tape
- Glue (use Mod Podge if you want to wash of the glitter later OR Surface Makeover Glue if you want the glitter to be permanent.)
I made you this handy 3-minute video to show you how it’s done!
I wish I could have gotten a good picture of them with the goblet full of liquid..but I just couldn’t capture it. But this is good, too- because if you don’t want to drink out of them, just pop in an LED light and you’ve got a fun decoration for the mantle or table!
That frosted area really captures the light!
And yes, you can gently handwash the goblets to get some uses out of them. And when you are ready to wipe the slate clean, so to speak, you can scrub off the Frosted Glass Finish and decoupage by hand or just run it through the dishwasher a few times. I can’t wait to use these again and again!
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Disclosure: This project was sponsored by Krylon, but all opinions are honest and my own and based on my first-hand experience with the product.
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017