One of the things I love about the crafty community is how we share information. Recently during one of my Periscopes I view asked if I’d tried the Recollections brand Color Splash Watercolor Crayons from Michael’s Stores. I’d never heard of them, so in a few days I ran out, bought some, and tried them out! So now I’m here to give you the once-over on these water-soluble shimmery pigment crayons.
Now first things first… these are SUSPICIOUSLY shaped/packaged like the Faber Castell Gel Crayons I reviewed earlier…LOOK!
I’ll be taking a closer look at the similarities between the two products soon…but for right now this is what we know about the Recollections Color Splash Watercolor Crayons:
- They are a seasonal item in the “Color Splash” line.
- Not available online. (insert sad face here)
- Recollections is Michael’s private label brand so they are ONLY available in Michaels’ stores!
- They are water-soluble.
- They have SHIMMER!!
- Retails in US for $14.99, but you can use your 40% off coupon- I got mine for $7.99. THAT’S 66 CENTS A CRAYON!!!
So let’s take a look:
You can see just how they work AND more examples of techniques in this 10-minute video:
To me, these feel like the Faber-Castell gel crayons had a love child with Gelatos and Michael’s craft stores private-labled them! But seriously, for the price point, I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!! And I think we should all take to the Michael’s social media sites and BEG for them to be put into the regular line…with MORE COLORS. These are such an affordable price point and are so easy to use I think they are the clear winner in the water-crayon war….if you love shimmer.
Stay tuned- I have some head-to-head comparisons coming!!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018