I’ve been smitten with kits and subscriptions series lately. I love getting a “surprise” in the mail (even if I’ve had a sneak peek of what’s coming” and the idea of a little dose of creativity is just about what I need these days. Kits can push you out of your comfort zone, introduce you to products you might otherwise not try, and give you a creative jumpstart. Today I’m looking over the Paper Pumpkin Kit from Stampin’ UP, October 2014 version.
Here’s how it’s described on the website:
There are options for one month ($19.95), three months ($59.85), six months ($113.70) and a year ($215.40.) You can see that you really only get a price break if you pre-pay for a whole year. But that’s OK with me, because these kits are really geared towards new crafters, as gift subscriptions, or for folks who aren’t looking to “build their stash” but rather use the kit ingredients all up in one go. (You can see some of the past kits here.)
So! Let’s take a look!
Here’s another look at my card and gift bag.
As I mentioned in the video, you can make 6 gift bags but have another 6 layer gift tags left over…and also lots of stickers and of course you can save the stamps to use for next year. So in my opinion, you could really see this as enough materials to make 12 items- and for $20 bucks, that’s pretty good. I think this will really appeal to folks who want to dabble in crafting but don’t want to have to
collect buy ALL the things. But it appeals to me, too (a self-confessed craft addict) because I like the “gift in the mail” aspect as well as the push to try some new things.
Would you use this kind of kit? What is a reasonable price point for you? I’d love to hear what kits you’ve tried (and how much you spend) and which ones you LOVE! Tell me all about it….
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018