I was given the opportunity to test out and do a fabric review for a new fabric called Oly*Fun. It’s made by Fairfield World, who is better know for making Fiberfill, Polyfill, foams, and batting. The fabric has some special properties that most fabrics don’t.
From Fairfield World:
“The everything material” This is one of the easiest, most versatile materials you will ever find. You can sew it, glue it, staple it, pin it or tie it. You can write on it, paint it, embellish it, stamp it or stencil it. You can scissor, rotary, or die cut it. You can use it as fabric or use it as paper. You can use it indoors and outdoors. The only thing it won’t do is fray, tear, or fade so don’t bother hemming it. Solid color throughout. Use both the front and back. No white core or back side. No Fraying. Easy sew, no hemming required. Water resistant. Ideal for a wide variety of indoor and outdoor uses. If you can make it in Felt, you can make it in Oly*Fun, but it will be more weather and water resistant with a more tailored look and feel. This is a great material for beginner sewing. There is no grain, no selvage, no sizing, and no fraying.”
Oly*Fun comes in 18 vibrant colors. It’s a synthetic fabric and not heat resistant, but will melt instead of catching flame. It’s thin, but has a nice body to it, so you can use it for 2D or 3D projects. Since it’s weather resistant, it’s also great for messy kids.
I made you a video to share it with you!
So as you can see, it’s water- and sun- resistant, easy to cut, and a breeze to sew!
See more in my post here!
- CHA 2015 Day 2 - January 20, 2015
- CHA 2015: Day 1 - January 11, 2015
- Craft Product Review: Mod Podge Furniture in 3 Finishes - January 5, 2015
- Craft Product Review: Mod Podge Dishwasher Safe Gloss - November 21, 2014
- Pantone Spring 2015: En Plein Air - November 6, 2014
- PRODUCT REVIEW: Etchall Etching Creme - October 9, 2014
- PRODUCT REVIEW: Etchall Dip ‘N Etch - October 8, 2014
- PRODUCT REVIEW: irRESISTIble Pico Embellishers - August 14, 2014
- Review: Oly*Fun by Fairfield World - July 25, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: Foxy Epoxy by Kristal Wick - July 18, 2014