I’m big fan of memory-keeping in the moment- that is, taking a travelÂ journal, Smash-book, or other blank book to take with you on vacations so that you can record what’s happening daily, instead of taking 80-gajillion photos and then never putting them in a scrapbook. Of course a key part of this idea is either taking photos as you go with an instant camera and/0r saving places for your photos to go. So I’ve done a little research, and last year I purchased a Fuji Instax 7S Instant Camera to take with us and I’m loving it so far.
From the Manufacturer:
With its exposure control adjustment this camera is a fun, easy point-and-shoot camera that will no doubt become a family favorite. With a high-quality Fujinon lens in combination with the Instax Mini Film, superior images are just an instant away.
- Fujinon Lens – f=60mm
- Electronic Shutter 1/60 sec.
- Auto Flash in low light, auto adjust
- Manual exposure compensation
- Weight: 11.29 oz.
- Image Size: 2.13″ x 3.4″
- Uses Fujifilm Instax Mini Film
INSTAX Mini 7S – With it’s exposure control adjustment this camera is a fun, easy point-and-shoot camera that will no doubt become a family favorite. With a high-quality Fujinon lens in combination with the INSTAX Mini Film, superior images are just an instant away. Fujinon Lens – f=60mm, Electronic Shutter 1/60 sec., Auto Flash in low light, auto adjust Manual exposure compensation, Weight: 11.29 oz., Image Size: 2.13″ x 3.4″, Uses Fujifilm INSTAX Mini Film
Cool, right? Well, here’s my video overview:
I’ve since I made this video last fall, I’ve continued to use and enjoy this camera! Note the photo taped into my Smash Book:
This is also fun for parties- everyone can take a photo home with them. I mean, you just can’t beat immediate gratification!
Of course, the photos aren’t stellar- but I’m OK with that. They aren’t meant to be high art. Now the price point is a little steep- you’ll pay between $65-80 USD for the camera, and the packs of film come out to about $1 per photo. But for the cost of having the photo IN MY HAND, I’ll gladly pay it.
I’d love to hear fro any of you who use modern instant cameras. Which model do you use and why?
Disclosure: I purchased this camera with my own funds, no connection to manufacturer.
If you are considering purchasing a Fuji Instax camera, please support CTD by using our affiliate links:
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018