What do you get when you cross a twist-up crayon and watercolor paints? A GEL CRAYON from Faber-Castell!
These “crayons” are very soft and creamy- like a lipstick- and they are water-soluable, too. So it’s a two-fer.
Here’s how they are described on the website:
Budding artists ages 3+ love to experiment by drawing on different surfaces. Gel crayons are a great way of drawing on large surfaces, with their soft stroke and bright colors.
- Super soft and buttery Gel Crayons in 12 colors: red, yellow, orange, dark blue, grass green, black, silver, neon yellow, neon orange, neon pink, neon blue and neon green
- Chunky size is perfect for small hands
- Colors glide effortlessly on paper, glass and mirrors, but washes off easily. Includes sturdy plastic storage case and book with tips and techniques
- Ages 3+
But don’t be misled- just because these were formulated for children doesn’t mean that they aren’t high-quality art tools and appropriate for adults and seniors.
Oh, how I wish these had been around when I was an activity director in a nursing home! You’ll see why….
First, let’s take a closer look.
Faber-Castel Gel Crayons are housed in a plastic, easy-grip barrel that features a twist-up action to access the product. And the grey grip is wonderful- perfect for small hands, but equally as good for folks with arthritis, hand/grip issues, or fibro.
There is a cap for each Gel Crayon and they come in a sturdy plastic see-through box so you can keep your product tidy.
I can always show you better than I can tell you, so here’s your video demo. This is about 7 minutes- I tried to keep it condensed.
Here are those photos of the samples and swatches again.
I have so many ideas for these, spanning kids to adult mixed-media artists!
I had a REALLY good time doing rubbing resists.
Stay tuned, I’ll have a post coming with a special project using the Rubbings Resist technique!
Disclosure: product provided for review purposes- all opinions are my own and based on my first-hand experience with the product.
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017