Adult coloring is still a raging trend, so we crafters can never have enough markers! I picked up the Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts at my local Target for about $20, so I thought I’d give them a go.
The first thing you need to know about the Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers is that the nib is SMALL. Kinda super tiny, in fact.
This is actually a good thing, though- it means that is good for coloring small areas AND doubles as a calligraphy marker. The plastic nib that reinforces the felt means that you can press down on the pen get “brush” effects… thick and thin lines just by changing your pressure.
Here’s a few more facts about the Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts
- The richly saturated colors are fully blendable with water and other sign pen Brush colors
- Tip can be diluted with water to get a full range of values
- Great for a variety of techniques, including feathering, Cross hatching, outlining, calligraphy and detailed line work
- Wear-resistant, pressure sensitive, flexible tip
- Will not dry out if left uncapped and can be cleaned with a paper towel
The upside of these markers is that they are really affordable- $20 at Target or $15 at Amazon... and I’ve heard that you can get them at Michael’s or even Walmart. So for the price, it’s like a set of watercolor markers AND a set of calligraphy pens. I LOVE these…. and will be using them often!
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017