Jewelry-making can go one of two ways- sublime or sophomoric. And the difference between the two is often craftsmanship: the design aside, either it’s well-make or it…well, isn’t. Crimp beads are one of those ways you can tell the difference- a well-made crimp looks professional, and a poorly-make one looks like it’s been chewed by a metal-toothed hamster. But if you use the One-Step Crimper, you’ll get… perfection.
I found the Bead Buddy One Step Crimper Tool at a local bead shop when I was browsing with buddy on a crafty field trip. Now, to illustrate the difference, a traditional crimping tool takes two steps- one grip of the tool makes a “hot dog” of the bead, one wire in each side. Then you have to rotate it 90 degrees in the tool to finish the crimp, effectively folding it in half. And while that seems simple enough, you do need some skill and steady hands to get consistent results. So the one-step action was attractive to me- you’d effectively be able to do the same job in half the time.
Here’s how it’s described at Amazon.com :
The Bead Buddy 1-Step Crimper. Perfect Crimps In One Squeeze! Fits Popular Crimp Tubes & Beads. Includes 50 2mm Crimp Tubes. Crimping has never been so easy! Simply place your crimp beads/tubes and squeeze–no twisting or turning! Measurements: 6″ long, 3″ wide. Quantity: 1 Step Crimper with 50 2mm crimp tubes
So let’s take a closer look!
There are three handles on this tool. Weird, right?
The small handle is a spring-action lever that will actually hold your crimp tube in place so you can hold your work in the other hand.
It’s actually pretty genius. Here’s how it works:
And if you’d like more information than that, watch this short 4-minute video:
So like I said, I’m sold! The Bead Buddy One-Step Crimping Tool works with round or cylindrical crimp beads and with different weights of crimping bead wire. I love it! And I’m really enjoying my new bracelet, which was inspired by my recent trip to Hawaii.
Not such a great pic- that’s what I get for taking pictures at night! But you can see my inspiration and better pics of the beads themselves in the Crafty Field Trip: Hawaii part 2 post.
Here’s a handy affiliate link for you if you’d like to get one of your own. I purchased mine and it’s worth every penny!
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017
- Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints - April 7, 2017
- Speed Collage- 7 Layers and in a Series - April 4, 2017