Since I’m on an inky kick, I realized it was time to break the LDRS Hybrid Inks out of the packaging and give them a go. (These were sent to me for review, but I am not financially compensated by the company and am not obligated to give them a favorable review. My opinions are honest and my own!
(Disclosure: affiliate links contained in post)
I was sent 4 colors of LDRS Hybrid ink to play with, as well as one white stamp pad and some embossing powders. I feel folks are really most interested in the black ink, as EVERYONE wants to know what’s the best black ink, what ink can be used with Copic Markers, etc. But I also swatched out and demonstrated the pink, blue and magenta- because why not?
The video best explains it all, but I’ll have some photos and pros and cons after.
So I liked the colors I got- but it wasn’t easy to find more. They have some mini cubes at Scrapbook.com, but they aren’t on Amazon.com. Right now the best place to buy them is on their website.
- not widely distributed
- a newer product
- Waterproof and good with alcohol and waterbased markers
- Black pad will be a workhorse in your toolbox!
Overall, it’s a great product and if you already are going to their website to buy their stamps and dies, you will certainly like to pick up the hybrid ink stamp pads. Let’s hope Scrapbook.com or Amazon picks up more of their products soon to make our shopping easier.
You may also enjoy my review of Tonic Hybrid Inks here!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
Karen R. In Upstate SC says
I was pretty amazed that the black LDRS ink was able to emboss! Showed good detail, too! Thanks for reviewing this, Jenny!
Thank you for the review. I appreciate your thoroughness!
Susan G says
Thanks for your review. It’s a shame that they’re not widely available yet. The fact that they were emboss-able makes them more appealing to me. And, permanent with BOTH watercolor and alcohol. Great review. Thanks.
I have really missed your reviews…so glad you are doing them again. In the past I have purchased items because of your reviews and have never been disappointed. thank you and God bless.
Rebecca Ednie says
It’s interesting that you recommend these for alcohol markers. Your example looks to me like the lines are quite fuzzy. Maybe you explained in the vid (haven’t had time to watch yet) but doesn’t look like a good pairing to me.
Thank you for the tour. Yes, those containers are from Costco. My craft room is out of order while repairs to a wall will be fixed from 3 issues of busted water pipes. The only answer: Total replacement of all the pipes. We’ll teach those pipes. I really enjoyed your post. Thank you, take care…