Lately I’ve been the Queen of all Watercolor Crayons- I’ve been testing out Distress Crayons, Recollections, Faber Castell Gel Crayons, Target, Crayola, as well as a few “off” brands. As I was playing with them, I made a discovery- you can layer them and then REMOVE a layer to create a two-toned effect. I’m calling it the “Reverse Reveal” stencil technique because you REMOVE the color (reverse) to REVEAL the color underneath.
You only need a few items:
- watercolor crayons of your choice
- baby wipes
- cardstock (You don’t even need fancy watercolor paper for this. Actually, smooth cardstock works better!)
I’ve made you a video – under 4 minutes- to show you step-by-step. It’s so fun and easy, I bet you’ll get hooked!
I’ve you’d like more information on watercolor crayons, here are the ones I’ve reviewed so far, along with some handy shopping links:
And if you are interested in comparisons:
Stay tuned, because I have more comparisons coming, too.
Here’s another look at my Reverse Reveal Stencil Technique!!
What other stencil techniques do you like? Would you try this one?
I’d love to hear from you if you try this technique and post photo on our CraftTestDummies Facebook Page, too!
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017