Here I am on the eve of Christmas Eve, planning out my New Year crafts! One of my resolutions is to use MORE of what I’d normally toss or recycle, and use up what I’ve got in my crafting studio before I run out and buy new.
SO! With that in mind, I’m suggesting you keep on eye on those tissue-paper bag-fillers and pretty holiday wrap…fold it up nice, and tuck it away. Let’s use it for ornaments and thank you gifts!
Today I’m sharing an ornament craft. YEAH, I know that the season is over, but you could A), tuck it away for next year, B), use a heart-shaped ornament and get a jump on your Valentines’ Day decorations, or C) use an egg-shape for spring. It’s a good technique and recycled craft, so make it your own!
This is a simple craft that can be done easily with children 4 and up, and is also appropriate w/senior groups.
You will need:
- paper mache ornaments (I got mine from ConsumerCrafts.com, but most craft stores carry them, too)
- Glue or ModPodge
- foamie brush- so you can throw it away
- recycled tissue paper
- rhinestones, if you like!
Couple of quick tips-
- if you use aluminum foil as a work surface, you can quickly funnel unused glitter back into the container.
- use a styrofoam egg container to hold the ornaments until the are dry.
- use microbeads or epsom salts for a “sugared” look instead of the glitter.
Have fun, happy crafting, and happy holidays!
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018