If you’ve been to CraftTestDummies even a handful of times, you know that I love to craft with found/recycled objects. (Or make “outsider art”- we don’t get hung up on semantics here.) I was invited to participate in a challenge for the Original Sewing and Quilting Expo– a “Runway Re-View”! Here were the challenge guidelines:
- Dress form was provided.
- 80% of the materials must be recycled.
- No more than $20 could be spent on the “new” materials.
….and really, that was about it! I dug through my materials and decided to spend ZERO dollars on my piece- in other words, just to use those items that were already in my stash. Here are the items I used:
- Old men’s neckties
- Recycled denim jeans
- Discarded Doily
- Old sewing patterns
- Vintage Rick-Rack
- Rhinestone brooch- bought at a yard sale 4 years ago
- Gesso, spray mists, and sewing machine/thread
Now for the photos!
So there it is! I hope if you go to the Original Sewing and Quilting Expo you’ll check it out. Click the link for locations and dates!
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017