If you’ve been to CraftTestDummies even a handful of times, you know that I love to craft with found/recycled objects. (Or make “outsider art”- we don’t get hung up on semantics here.) I was invited to participate in a challenge for the Original Sewing and Quilting Expo– a “Runway Re-View”! Here were the challenge guidelines:
- Dress form was provided.
- 80% of the materials must be recycled.
- No more than $20 could be spent on the “new” materials.
….and really, that was about it! I dug through my materials and decided to spend ZERO dollars on my piece- in other words, just to use those items that were already in my stash. Here are the items I used:
- Old men’s neckties
- Recycled denim jeans
- Discarded Doily
- Old sewing patterns
- Vintage Rick-Rack
- Rhinestone brooch- bought at a yard sale 4 years ago
- Gesso, spray mists, and sewing machine/thread
Now for the photos!
So there it is! I hope if you go to the Original Sewing and Quilting Expo you’ll check it out. Click the link for locations and dates!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017