If you’ve been to CraftTestDummies even a handful of times, you know that I love to craft with found/recycled objects. (Or make “outsider art”- we don’t get hung up on semantics here.) I was invited to participate in a challenge for the Original Sewing and Quilting Expo– a “Runway Re-View”! Here were the challenge guidelines:
- Dress form was provided.
- 80% of the materials must be recycled.
- No more than $20 could be spent on the “new” materials.
….and really, that was about it! I dug through my materials and decided to spend ZERO dollars on my piece- in other words, just to use those items that were already in my stash. Here are the items I used:
- Old men’s neckties
- Recycled denim jeans
- Discarded Doily
- Old sewing patterns
- Vintage Rick-Rack
- Rhinestone brooch- bought at a yard sale 4 years ago
- Gesso, spray mists, and sewing machine/thread
Now for the photos!
So there it is! I hope if you go to the Original Sewing and Quilting Expo you’ll check it out. Click the link for locations and dates!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018