My friend E is a Roller Derby gal and is also the league historian- and she chose to commemorate the 5th anniversary by making a traveling exhibit out of discarded suitcases.What makes the idea brilliant is that she can set up the suitcasesÂ and literally pack the shirts, skates,and other 3-D memorabilia in them- then set up the exhibit with the decoupaged cases as a background.
To make them, E removed most of the lining from cool, old suitcases she’s collected from friends, thrift stores, and tree lawns. (Keep it real, trash-pickers!)
Then she took her collection of memorabilia and started Mod Podging photos of the players, tickets stubs, posters, and newspaper clippings into the shells.
Then she filled in the empty spaces with more glitter, paper, and even beads.
The last step will be to apply a coat of resin so that all of the memorabilia is permanently sealed and preserved….and so rock-solid that she can actually use them as suitcases to schelp the rest of the exhibits in!
They even look cool lined up to take home:
Anyhoo, I’ve got a small train case that I’m planning to turn into my travelogue of London- and I’ll store my scrapbook inside. I can’t wait to get started!
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017