My friend E is a Roller Derby gal and is also the league historian- and she chose to commemorate the 5th anniversary by making a traveling exhibit out of discarded suitcases.What makes the idea brilliant is that she can set up the suitcasesÂ and literally pack the shirts, skates,and other 3-D memorabilia in them- then set up the exhibit with the decoupaged cases as a background.
To make them, E removed most of the lining from cool, old suitcases she’s collected from friends, thrift stores, and tree lawns. (Keep it real, trash-pickers!)
Then she took her collection of memorabilia and started Mod Podging photos of the players, tickets stubs, posters, and newspaper clippings into the shells.
Then she filled in the empty spaces with more glitter, paper, and even beads.
The last step will be to apply a coat of resin so that all of the memorabilia is permanently sealed and preserved….and so rock-solid that she can actually use them as suitcases to schelp the rest of the exhibits in!
They even look cool lined up to take home:
Anyhoo, I’ve got a small train case that I’m planning to turn into my travelogue of London- and I’ll store my scrapbook inside. I can’t wait to get started!
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017
- Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints - April 7, 2017
- Speed Collage- 7 Layers and in a Series - April 4, 2017