My friend E is a Roller Derby gal and is also the league historian- and she chose to commemorate the 5th anniversary by making a traveling exhibit out of discarded suitcases.What makes the idea brilliant is that she can set up the suitcasesÂ and literally pack the shirts, skates,and other 3-D memorabilia in them- then set up the exhibit with the decoupaged cases as a background.
To make them, E removed most of the lining from cool, old suitcases she’s collected from friends, thrift stores, and tree lawns. (Keep it real, trash-pickers!)
Then she took her collection of memorabilia and started Mod Podging photos of the players, tickets stubs, posters, and newspaper clippings into the shells.
Then she filled in the empty spaces with more glitter, paper, and even beads.
The last step will be to apply a coat of resin so that all of the memorabilia is permanently sealed and preserved….and so rock-solid that she can actually use them as suitcases to schelp the rest of the exhibits in!
They even look cool lined up to take home:
Anyhoo, I’ve got a small train case that I’m planning to turn into my travelogue of London- and I’ll store my scrapbook inside. I can’t wait to get started!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018