Last week I played with the new Martha Stewart Paints line, and got really excited- maybe over-enthusiastic- with the glitter paint and Tintable Fabric Medium. The result? Some rockin’ witchy shoes to round out my Halloween costume. Here’s how I did it.
First, I mixed the Tintable Fabric Medium with Sugar Cube Glitter Paint by Martha Stewart (available at Michael’s) in a 2-to-1 ratio. I painted the sides of the shoes with this color, then painted the tops and heels with the Black Glitter, again, 2 coats.I finished off with some green satin paint on the tab.
Next, I hot glued some black stretch lace around the area where your foot goes in:
Then I cut a 7 inch length of tulle and folded it in half, so that the back stuck up about 1.5 inches higher than the front. I gathered this up and hot glued it on the front. I also glued a few black maribou feathers for fun.
Next up was adding some Glow-In-The-Dark fabric paint by Tulip. Oh, be still my heart…
I can’t wait to wear my witchy shoes and put a tingle up the spines of the neighborhood kids!
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017