Last week I played with the new Martha Stewart Paints line, and got really excited- maybe over-enthusiastic- with the glitter paint and Tintable Fabric Medium. The result? Some rockin’ witchy shoes to round out my Halloween costume. Here’s how I did it.
First, I mixed the Tintable Fabric Medium with Sugar Cube Glitter Paint by Martha Stewart (available at Michael’s) in a 2-to-1 ratio. I painted the sides of the shoes with this color, then painted the tops and heels with the Black Glitter, again, 2 coats.I finished off with some green satin paint on the tab.
Next, I hot glued some black stretch lace around the area where your foot goes in:
Then I cut a 7 inch length of tulle and folded it in half, so that the back stuck up about 1.5 inches higher than the front. I gathered this up and hot glued it on the front. I also glued a few black maribou feathers for fun.
Next up was adding some Glow-In-The-Dark fabric paint by Tulip. Oh, be still my heart…
I can’t wait to wear my witchy shoes and put a tingle up the spines of the neighborhood kids!
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017