Last week I played with the new Martha Stewart Paints line, and got really excited- maybe over-enthusiastic- with the glitter paint and Tintable Fabric Medium. The result? Some rockin’ witchy shoes to round out my Halloween costume. Here’s how I did it.
First, I mixed the Tintable Fabric Medium with Sugar Cube Glitter Paint by Martha Stewart (available at Michael’s) in a 2-to-1 ratio. I painted the sides of the shoes with this color, then painted the tops and heels with the Black Glitter, again, 2 coats.I finished off with some green satin paint on the tab.
Next, I hot glued some black stretch lace around the area where your foot goes in:
Then I cut a 7 inch length of tulle and folded it in half, so that the back stuck up about 1.5 inches higher than the front. I gathered this up and hot glued it on the front. I also glued a few black maribou feathers for fun.
Next up was adding some Glow-In-The-Dark fabric paint by Tulip. Oh, be still my heart…
I can’t wait to wear my witchy shoes and put a tingle up the spines of the neighborhood kids!
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017