Last week I played with the new Martha Stewart Paints line, and got really excited- maybe over-enthusiastic- with the glitter paint and Tintable Fabric Medium. The result? Some rockin’ witchy shoes to round out my Halloween costume. Here’s how I did it.
First, I mixed the Tintable Fabric Medium with Sugar Cube Glitter Paint by Martha Stewart (available at Michael’s) in a 2-to-1 ratio. I painted the sides of the shoes with this color, then painted the tops and heels with the Black Glitter, again, 2 coats.I finished off with some green satin paint on the tab.
Next, I hot glued some black stretch lace around the area where your foot goes in:
Then I cut a 7 inch length of tulle and folded it in half, so that the back stuck up about 1.5 inches higher than the front. I gathered this up and hot glued it on the front. I also glued a few black maribou feathers for fun.
Next up was adding some Glow-In-The-Dark fabric paint by Tulip. Oh, be still my heart…
I can’t wait to wear my witchy shoes and put a tingle up the spines of the neighborhood kids!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018