As I’ve mentioned before, I am a magazine junkie. Especially bead and papercrafts magazines. Well, right now I have a subscription to Bead Style Magazine, and usually I just leaf through it. This month, though, I saw the “Razzle Dazzle Bracelet” designed by Caroline Conley, and I knew I had to test it out!
I love to make my polymer clay beads, and I’ve been working in sets. I’ve wanted to use them in bracelets, but wanted to make a more cuff/bangle style instead of just stringing them. I hadn’t found a design I really loved. Until I saw this one!
I got out my Coiling Gizmo, my box of Swarovskis, and my polyclay beads and got to work. This was my first attempt:
I really liked the bead combination, and the way it fit together, but the coil seemed to be out of proportion. I then realized I needed a smaller coiling mandrel – duh! And after a quick consult with Eva at Grand River Beads, I needed some smaller wire for the outside coil as well.
So I got it all straighted out, and got on a roll. No pun intended! I love the way they are turning out, and I’m all jazzed up to do this as a class for GRB. If you are liking the design, I encourage you to pick up the May 2008 issue of BeadStyle and try it out for yourself. The instructions were clear, easy to follow, and easy enough for an experienced beginner. You need a Coiling Gizmo and need to know how to make it work, as well as crimping and wire wrapping.
(The original design was for lampworked beads as the focals, but the polymer works just as nicely. And if you don’t make polymer clay beads, you can pick some up at my Etsy Shop for a song!)
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018