So I’ve mentally committed to doing RAKs…Random Acts of Kindness for my CPS Yahoo group sisters. So far I’ve made bookmarks, altered bobbins, felt needle cases, and now I’m on to charm-y thingies. I just mailed out my April goodies, which consist of a hand-made paper bead w/ Chinese characters on them, Chinese coins, and red beads for good luck. I’m not sure what the recipients might do with them, but I figure they would be fun on an art quilt, shrine or assemblage. I was in my paper-bead making frenzy, and I thought they would be fun.
I’ve also started my May ones, and now I’m on to bottle caps! (Of course, I’m testing some ideas out for a new class, and I needed to play a little.) Here’s what I got so far, but I intend to poke some holes and hang some danglies. Ohhh, they are so fun!
But back to the RAKs…. maybe I should mount these onto tags, or 3X3’s, or maybe make them into little dolly people. Anyone have an idea? I’m up for comments!
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017