I come from a frugal family- “Make Do and Mend” and all that! So this spring when my daughter came home one day with her boots all split, I knew that I didn’t want to buy another set for only a few weeks of wear. Enter Duck Tape® Minis to save the day!
And you know what? It was EASY. And only took 20 minutes and TWO ROLLS of Duck Tape®!
I chose the pink and green for spring!
I started off by cleaning the boots & examining that split. It was massive. I thought for sure these boots were a goner!
I started off by just repairing the split with some standard-width Duck Tape®.
That fixed the split. But that’s not quite good enough, is it? We also want some CUTE. So I started laying down strips of Duck Tape® Minis, alternating green and pink.
I stared over the toe and worked my way up.
I love the thinner width- it was SO much easier to work with on the curved areas! Really, this stuff is brilliant. Once I got up so far over the instep, I worked the strips around the part that goes up the leg.
Where the ends were messy in the front, I added a vertical stripe to hide them! Clever and stylish, I tell you.
I decided to not to worry too much about the bottom edge as I was working- I left the ends ragged. Then, once I was done covering the whole boot, I went around the edge CAREFULLY with a *sharp* craft knife, cutting delicately along the edge of the rubber sole. Voila. Clean edge!
So now my daughter has a “new” set of boots that will last the remainder of the wet season, and for under FIVE BUCKS. Seriously, I feel like I won the lottery!
I love being thrifty- could you rescue and re-do with Duck Tape®? I’d love to hear your thrifty solutions!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018