This year I decided that CraftTestDummies needed to branch out a little and attend more trade shows. After all, I started off quilting the year I turned thirty. I still love to sew and do art quilting, and I know a lot of our readers here also sew or quilt. That was all the justification I needed to head down to Houston to the International Quilt Market to take it all in.
In this installment, I just wanted to give you an overview of some of what I saw over three days of classes, networking, and visiting booths. Grab a cuppa and settle in! (PS- there will be a video slideshow at the end, too, for those of you who like that kind of thing.)
On the first day, I went to the SchoolHouse- dizzying day of mini classes, demo-nars and seminars all back-to-back. Some were product releases, others were techniques, and others were business classes for shop owners.
Here are some of the memorable ones (or rather, ones I remembered to take pictures!)
Tim Holtz, well-known in the crafting industry, released fabrics based on his popular paper lines. Called Eclectic Elements, these fabrics evoke yesteryear with vintage graphics and a muted color palette. I wasn’t really convinced initially that this would translate to sewing and quilts- but the samples he shared were lovely. I think I like the fabrics even better than the papers!
There were so many 15- and 30-minute classes to choose from, and I ran like a crazed chicken from one room to the next. But I did manage to take a few notes on these products and techniques!
Now here’s some of the delicious Eye Candy!
So… at this point I realized I just have too many photos to go in this post… so here’s that slide show!
It’s about 3 minutes and safe for work, AND I added some captions to give you the highlights! I’ll be doing some more posts digging deeper into trends and tools, so stay tuned!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017