So Valentine’s Day is looming just around the corner. If you don’t have a card yet, don’t despair! You can make this quilled heart card really quickly and with for pennies. It’s sure to be a keepsake.
- Basic Quilling Kit from Quilled Creations OR
- quilling tool or awl
- 6 strips of white quilling paper and 2 pieces of red (or make your own, just cut them 1/8 inch X 12 inches)
- white glue
- Card Blank with window with 4 openings OR a plain card blank
- Stickles, Smooch paints, and/ or glitter glue.
Make 6 white quilled circles, make sure the coil is about the size of a nickle, then glue the ends to secure. I used a quilling board, but you can just eyeball it if you like.
Do the same for your two red strips.
Now, pinch all of the coils so that it makes a teardrop shape.
Add some Stickles or glitter glue to the red heart, and I added some pearly Smooch to the white hearts.
If you need a visual for making the hearts, I put together this video for you!
Finish off with a sentiment on the inside, like “You add color to my world” or “You are one of a kind.”
Slip it to your sweetie! This would make a great anniversary card, too, don’t you think?
OH…and if you don’t have a quilling tool…just make your own with this DIY hack:
Super cheap and super fun! Happy Crafting !
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017