So Valentine’s Day is looming just around the corner. If you don’t have a card yet, don’t despair! You can make this quilled heart card really quickly and with for pennies. It’s sure to be a keepsake.
- Basic Quilling Kit from Quilled Creations OR
- quilling tool or awl
- 6 strips of white quilling paper and 2 pieces of red (or make your own, just cut them 1/8 inch X 12 inches)
- white glue
- Card Blank with window with 4 openings OR a plain card blank
- Stickles, Smooch paints, and/ or glitter glue.
Make 6 white quilled circles, make sure the coil is about the size of a nickle, then glue the ends to secure. I used a quilling board, but you can just eyeball it if you like.
Do the same for your two red strips.
Now, pinch all of the coils so that it makes a teardrop shape.
Add some Stickles or glitter glue to the red heart, and I added some pearly Smooch to the white hearts.
If you need a visual for making the hearts, I put together this video for you!
Finish off with a sentiment on the inside, like “You add color to my world” or “You are one of a kind.”
Slip it to your sweetie! This would make a great anniversary card, too, don’t you think?
OH…and if you don’t have a quilling tool…just make your own with this DIY hack:
Super cheap and super fun! Happy Crafting !
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018