I’ve written posts before about how I like to use kitchen items in my craft room. Today I’m going to add one-more- Q-Tips! I use them all the time & when they asked me to share that on their behalf, I was more than tickled! So let’s get started!
I use a lot of different paints in my studio- both acrylics and watercolors. Some of my acrylics (like the yummy Lumieres by Jacquard and Viva Decor Precious Metals) have mica particles that need vigorous stirring. I used to use the end of my paintbrush- but I’m super messy and I got it all over myself. Now I deep a little drawer of Q-Tips on my craft table and I grab one of those to stir everything up. And the cotton tip helps me get into the rounded bottoms of the jars so that all the particles get re-incorporated.
When I’m using watercolors, sometimes I just need a quick swipe of color. So instead of worrying about a brush, I just dab a Q-tip into my grey water and pick up a hint of color!
And speaking of dabbing, Q-tips are excellent for adding just a little pin-point of color!
Which leads me to when you smoodge paint where you don’t want it- a damp Q-Tip can help you lift the color off and save the day.
Here’s a tip: want to keep your kiddos from mixing up the colors in the tray? Give them one Q-Tip per color and they will stay clean and bright- no muddying!
It works great for applying chalks and powders as well. The Precision Tip Q-Tips give you a lot of control:
And it’s great for gluing projects, too. I often make a little puddle of white glue on my work surface, then use a Precision-Tip Q-Tip to add dabs of glue for glittering and adding rhinestones. Neater than using my fingers, and disposable, too!
Of course, if you have a kiddo crafting with you, like I do, sometimes they come up with ideas all on their own!
Of course, could probably go on for days on how Q-Tips are great to use in crafting- but why don’t you leave a comment below and share YOUR ideas?
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018