I love adding different textures into my paper and mixed-media craft projects. So when I got these amazing Cork Paper Stacks and Burlap Paper Stacks from DCVW, I was really interested in figuring out all the ways I could incorporate them into my crafts!
Let’s take a closer look. These stacks are 6X6, and the Cork Stack is adhesive-backed and has 15 sheets, while the Burlap Paper Stack is NOT adhesive and boasts 24 sheets.
The cork actually has a pretty smooth texture, while the burlap is actually a bit of open-weave. Both benefit greatly from the stabilizing aspect of the paper/adhesive backing.
I made you a video sharing some of the ways I tried out the Stacks:
One of the things I forgot to share in the video is how punches worked. For the Cork Stack, punches worked GREAT- even with fussy punches such as the Fiskars Intricate Shape Punch.
As for the Burlap Paper, not so much. It wouldn’t punch at all. Just thought I should warn you!
Here are those samples of stamping.
And the card I made:
So what do you think? Would you use Adhesive Cork or Burlap? I know that since it’s so much CLEANER to use the Burlap Paper, I’ll certainly use it in some of my fall/winter designs. And the cork? Well, I really love the texture and I know I’ll have no problems using up that stack!
Leave me your thoughts, too!
Disclosure: Sample Provided for review purposes, but all opinions are my own and come from direct, first-hand experience with the product.
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018