Stamping has been around forever, but using stamp pads as a form of paint is a relatively new trend. Now Prima is taking the direct-to-surface application of stamping ink VERY seriously with the Comfort-Craft Chalk Edgers.
These little chalk-ink stamp pads feature an ergonomic molded grip handle and an unusual “iron” shape. The pad is a cross between foam and felt and the pad is SUPER juicy.
It’s still a smaller size pad, comparable to a cat’s eye or teardrop shaped one.
Now…did you notice that I didn’t include any description from the manufacturer? Well, that’s because I couldn’t really find one! The only information is that it’s chalk ink. Well, okay then.
But just in case you are not familiar with chalk ink, here are the particulars:
- water-based pigment ink
- juicy and suitable for heat embossing
- matte or “chalky” finish
- water reactive even when dry
- great for stamping and direct-to-surface applications
Alrighty, then. With that out of the way, let’s go to the video….
Let’s take another look at those samples.
The ink in the Chalk Edgers are very juicy, and only time will tell how well they store and hold up.
But let’s be honest here- the REAL advantage to this product is it’s genius design.
The “upside-down” storage keeps the ink at the top of the pad’s surface….
And the color indicators on the handle means you can find the color you want fast. And that grip is SO comfortable- if you have any arthritis or related hand issues (fatigue) this is going to be so much more comfortable than the traditional cat’s eye stamp pads.
One issue I encountered- one of the stamp pads let go from the base while I was doing a direct-to-paper application. There is always a risk of this happening since you are vigorously “scrubbing” color onto the surface…and I’m not sure how to reattach it. The only thing I can say is that the stamp pads are inexpensive- less than $2 each- so replacing it isn’t such a big deal. That being said, if anyone has a suggestion on how to reattach it, I’m all ears!
Disclosure: I purchased this product with my own funds. All of my opinions are my own and based on my first-hand experience with the product. Links below are affiliate links and CTD will receive a small percentage of your purchase.
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing and Giveaway! - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018