I found this cool craft using glass votive candle holders, and my old favorite, polymer clay. This comes courtesy of PCPolyzine circa 2003.Â Check out the link for the step-by-step, but I’ll give you the basic gist.
You’ll want to find a glass votive and cover it with a uniform thickness of orange polymer clay, smoothing it onto the glass and trimming off any bulk at the bottom. In this version, the author traced on a face with a stylus and then cut it out with an X-acto knife. (You could also cut out shapes from glow-in-the-dark clay and adhere it, if you wanted. Then you could see the face even after the candle was blown out!)Â Bake according to directions….. etc, etc, etc.
Have fun, and happy claying!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018