I found this cool craft using glass votive candle holders, and my old favorite, polymer clay. This comes courtesy of PCPolyzine circa 2003.Â Check out the link for the step-by-step, but I’ll give you the basic gist.
You’ll want to find a glass votive and cover it with a uniform thickness of orange polymer clay, smoothing it onto the glass and trimming off any bulk at the bottom. In this version, the author traced on a face with a stylus and then cut it out with an X-acto knife. (You could also cut out shapes from glow-in-the-dark clay and adhere it, if you wanted. Then you could see the face even after the candle was blown out!)Â Bake according to directions….. etc, etc, etc.
Have fun, and happy claying!
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017