Thinking on my next set of classes for Stamplistic. I whipped up these two tins using the Studio By Sculpey texture sheets as prep for writing my review on them. Anyhoo, I use them for holding my UTEE, so took them to the Art Doll class. They got lots of oohs and aaaahs. Makes me think I need to make some more, trying a few new techniques. There’s always something new to explore!
The one on the top, here, was green clay with burnt umber acrylic paint rubbed on to create a wash. I didn’t put a finishing coat on it at all. The bottom one I used Pearl-Ex to tint the clay,and then put 3 coats of Future floor wax on it to give it some shine and seal it up.
I’ve seen some others that use a more “collage-y” look, and I’d like to try that…. but I’m out of tins. So here’s the dilemma – eat my weight in curiously strong mints, or break down and buy some empty ones online?
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018