I’m in a swap at my CPS group, and our theme was Faberge Eggs. I played around with several ideas, but since I’m on a polymer clay kick, well, I thought I could make it work. I also used some lovely German Scrap from ArtChix and some rhinestones to finish them off. Whaddaya think?
To create them,Â I marbled a sheet of clay,Â cut it onto the egg-shape andÂ then added the coils with liquid clay. After curing, I applied German Scrap paper and rhinestones to round out the textural effect Finally, I mounted them onto cardboard for swapping.
The color palette is pretty intense. I wonder if I should have used pastels?
In any event, I like to participate in swaps and challenges because it causes me to look at my materials in new ways- which is a great way to grow as an artist!
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017