I’m in a swap at my CPS group, and our theme was Faberge Eggs. I played around with several ideas, but since I’m on a polymer clay kick, well, I thought I could make it work. I also used some lovely German Scrap from ArtChix and some rhinestones to finish them off. Whaddaya think?
To create them,Â I marbled a sheet of clay,Â cut it onto the egg-shape andÂ then added the coils with liquid clay. After curing, I applied German Scrap paper and rhinestones to round out the textural effect Finally, I mounted them onto cardboard for swapping.
The color palette is pretty intense. I wonder if I should have used pastels?
In any event, I like to participate in swaps and challenges because it causes me to look at my materials in new ways- which is a great way to grow as an artist!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018