Last Saturday we had a GREAT Polymer Clay 101 class at Grand River Beads (check out their website for their calendar.) We had 6 enthusiastic participants, and we covered the following:
- brands of clays and their properties
- prepping clay
- release agents
- application of pigments
- ….and some of my own little tips!
We jammed a lot into the 3 hours, and I wanted to share what I made as samples…
I made the hearts to demonstrate texturizing clay…. and think they’re pretty cute.
When I got home I decided to “punk” it– or Steampunk it, as it were, by adding some watchparts. I used Lisa Pavelka’s Magic Glos UV curing resin to encapsulate the metal bits. (Read my review of that product here.)
Then I had THIS:
I think it’s wicked cool. Gonna add an extra backing and a bale, and wear this bad boy!
((NOTE: I saw something similar over at Eugenia’s Creations, and bought the tutorial. My printer is down, so I haven’t read the instructions YET, but this is what I came up with using her original design. Go check out her blog, and you’ll find links to her Esty Shop. Great stuff!)))
Anyway, just wanted to remind ya’ll of my previous post of great resources for polymer clay basics…. check them out and get claying!
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017
- Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints - April 7, 2017
- Speed Collage- 7 Layers and in a Series - April 4, 2017