Today is primary day in Ohio, and I’ve already gone and done my civic duty.Â While I was surfing around the other day, I ran across something that caught my attention: Crafters for Obama. Really.
A crafty blogger named Rachel is trying for some grass-roots fundraising via crafting. (For more info on her, visit AverageJaneCrafter.)Â I was a little surprised at this… although I remember that long ago, women would voice their political opinions via their craft all the time… remember temperance quilts???
I’ve also noticed quite an upsurge in recycled crafts, green crafting, and the like. I suppose that’s political, too, in a non-partisan way.
Lastly, I’ll leave you with Jessica Vitkus, who has coined the terms “Democrafts” and “Republicrafts”… she’s made some craft projects that help her vent her frustrations with the pols. (And yes, that IS a gun cozy!)
Hmmmm…. what’s your statement?
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018