One of my favorite booths at CHA show is Plaid. You might not think “Plaid” when you think of super-brands like Mod Podge, Martha Stewart Crafts, Bucilla Needlearts, or Handmade Charlotte, but Plaid Crafts is behind them all!
Let me show you some of the highlights from the booth!
First, I say Cathie Filian and Steve Piacenza giving a demo on the Photo Transfer Medium:
Get yours here! (affiliate link)
We also had a quick photo op with Vicki O’Dell! 🙂
Vicki and I LOVE seeing Steve each year!
Then I got a chance to see some of the new Paint Finishes with Andy Jones:
Did you know that Plaid has a new Mixed Media line? I share the booth display with you here:
There are also new Milk Paint and Ultra Dye lines… check out this video for those:
And lastly, we’ve got a tour of the new needlecrafts! I see a lot of vintage crafts making a comeback here, most notably paint by numbers, string art, and pillowcase dresses! Check the video for the whole view:
There is SO MUCH crafty goodness here- and I DO hope we’ll get some review products soon so we can answer all of your questions!
What products do you like? Anything that you really *dislike*??? We love to hear from YOU!
This post and video are part of our coverage of the Craft and Hobby Mega Show (industry trade show) also known as the CHA Show 2016. It was January 7-12 in Anaheim California and we were there to get all of the new product information and demos for YOU! Please check the CHA 2016 tab for more coverage and all of the videos are on the CHA 2016 playlist on YouTube. Enjoy!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
That Photo Transfer medium looks fantastic. The best part is that it is washable. Would love to see you put it through all your testing.
Most of CHA this year seemed to be tweaking things already out or jumping on bandwagons, not that there is anything wrong with that. Competition is great, and I like to see the twist the different companies can put on things like adult coloring and mixed media. Can’t wait to see the new products tested and compared.
Laura P says
What Kate said about the photo transfer – that really, really, really got my interest and excitement. More than anything else I saw in your videos from CHA. So, yeah, hoping you get some samples so you can play around with it and report back to everyone. Thanks for all your hard work. It’s most appreciated.