Resins are very big right now in jewelry-making and mixed media, but most are 2-part epoxies that take hours to dry. What if you could get the same, non-yellowing jewelry grade effect in about 3 minutes? With Piccolo Instant UV Resin, you can.
Here’s how it’s described on the website:
Piccolo Instant UV Resin cures in sunlight or under a UV nail salon light in 3 minutes.
It is scratch resistant, never yellows and waterproof.
It has low odor and requires no mixing — you apply it right from the bottle.
Comes in 3 sizes – ½ oz, 1 oz, and 4 oz sizes.
This is one of those products that benefit from a video to really show and tell just how it works!
Let’s review the highlights:
- Low-to-no odor
- clear, easy to use from the bottle
- fairly goof-proof if you apply thin layers
- cures SO FAST, friends!
- Works in bezels, polymer clay, jewelry, etc.
- LOVE the doming effect without pulling from the edges
- you might need a salon nail lamp (UV light) for consistent results
- pricey- $9.99 for 1/2 ounce, $19.99 for 1 ounce.
- not readily available at all retailers/ box stores (best to order online.
It’s such an addictive product- you just keep thinking about that awesome, glass-like finish in under 3 minutes and pretty soon you are adding it to everything. I have a few more ideas for embellishments and jewelry pieces that I can’t wait to try!
What are your thoughts? I’d love to hear them, and I’ll answer any questions I can!
Disclosure-sample provided for review purposes.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018