It was just Father’s Day here in the US, and I’m always stumped. I have a husband who doesn’t want or need “stuff.” He doesn’t collect anything, abhors tchochkies and knick-knacks, doesn’t wear ties or drink coffee or drink liquor. So my gift options are kind of limited. But he does like to read on an e-reader and he likes English Premiere League Soccer- but those kinds of fan items are hard to find in the US. Lucky for me, there is a product called Craft Attitude (see my review here) that allows me to create a customized e-reader cover for him and FATHER’S DAY IS SAVED!
(Ok, that may be a bit dramatic…. but you know how it is!)
This is a simple tutorial so I made you a video.
And here are some of the products I used:
- White tablet or e-reader cover
- Elmer’s Glue Stick
- Craft Attitude Film (or another in the line: Jewelry Attitude, Wood Attitude, Scrapbooking Attitude- all the same thing.)
- Long non-stick scissors
- Color Printer
- Software that allows you to flip your image HORIZONTALLY, or “t-shirt transfer” setting. I used Picasa.
I love this project because it would be GREAT for a new grad heading off to college- put that new school mascot on an e-reader or the crest on a tablet cover! Or do you have a sci-fi geek? You can capture all kinds of photos, logos and graphics from the web and use them for this project. (You can use them if you aren’t selling your goods with those logos on them- that’s a copyright infringement and it’s illegal. And jerk-y.)
Happy crafting and I hope this inspires you to customize *your* things, too!
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018