Need some fun, quick earrings to wear on Independence Day? I designed these for CraftsUnleashed as member of their design team, and I wanted to share them with you as well.
Memorial Day feels like it was just yesterday, and Independence Day is right around the corner. What could be better to wear on the 4th of July than little sparkly star earrings that show your patriotism? You can whip these up in a snap- and they are so inexpensive, they make great hostess and party gifts, too!
- 1 package of 2 star bead frames (I chose gold)
- (2) Gold head pins Item 1920-98
- (2) 4 MM red Swarovski bi-cone crystal beads
- (2) 4MM blue Swarovski bi-cone crystal beads
- (2) 6 MM clear or AB Swarovski bi-cone crystal beads
- (2) Gold plated earwiresÂ
Youâ€™ll also want to have a pair of round nose pliers and some wire cutters on hand, too.
To make them is so simple: thread your headpin through the blue bead, through the bottom of the bead frame, through the 6MM bicone, through part of the bead frame, through the red bead, and then out the top. Finish off with a wired loop. (Jamie wrote a great tutorial HERE if you need a refresher.)
The most challenging part is making sure the red bead is nestled in the top point of the bead frame so that the holes align. It took a little fooling with, but it was worth it!
Attach your loop to your findings of choice. I like french wires for the swing, but you can use posts, clip-on, whatever! Have fun crafting these little gems!
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018