Need some fun, quick earrings to wear on Independence Day? I designed these for CraftsUnleashed as member of their design team, and I wanted to share them with you as well.
Memorial Day feels like it was just yesterday, and Independence Day is right around the corner. What could be better to wear on the 4th of July than little sparkly star earrings that show your patriotism? You can whip these up in a snap- and they are so inexpensive, they make great hostess and party gifts, too!
- 1 package of 2 star bead frames (I chose gold)
- (2) Gold head pins Item 1920-98
- (2) 4 MM red Swarovski bi-cone crystal beads
- (2) 4MM blue Swarovski bi-cone crystal beads
- (2) 6 MM clear or AB Swarovski bi-cone crystal beads
- (2) Gold plated earwiresÂ
Youâ€™ll also want to have a pair of round nose pliers and some wire cutters on hand, too.
To make them is so simple: thread your headpin through the blue bead, through the bottom of the bead frame, through the 6MM bicone, through part of the bead frame, through the red bead, and then out the top. Finish off with a wired loop. (Jamie wrote a great tutorial HERE if you need a refresher.)
The most challenging part is making sure the red bead is nestled in the top point of the bead frame so that the holes align. It took a little fooling with, but it was worth it!
Attach your loop to your findings of choice. I like french wires for the swing, but you can use posts, clip-on, whatever! Have fun crafting these little gems!
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017