I have to admit that this wasn’t my original idea- I saw a project on Martha Stewart’s blog that used butterfly punch cut-outs on a purchased paper lantern and I thought it was super cute. I was tickled, too, because ConsumerCrafts.com sells these fabulous battery-operated paper lanterns for cheap- only $6.00 for a set of two! (Ok, you have to buy your own AAA batteries, but whatever.) Anyway, long story short, I used my Cricut, Core’dinations cardstock, and the paper lanterns to whip up a lovely decoration for your table or patio.
I used the Cricut and the Plantin Schoolbook cart to cut 1.5 inch stars from theRetro Mod Vintage Core’dinations cardstock stack. I love the fact that the paper is two-sided, so you get more bang for your buck! You can also hand-cut your stars or use a paper punch, if you have that handy.
You”ll need 12 stars each of red and blue. You’ll use 6 stars per swirl.
Using a hot-glue gun, affix the stars in a swirl pattern down the side. The glue sets up almost immediately, so you can make them up right before the party!
These look great sitting on the table as a centerpiece, too:
Just pop in the batteries and flick the switch on for a great look at night, too!
Oh, and I came up with a second version for my daughter’s room:
Cute, huh? I wonder how many more versions I can come up with!!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018