Yesterday was a busy day…. it was my dear sweet girl’s third birthday, and she wanted a “Butterfly Party.” I couldn’t find any butterfly decorations at our local stores, so I whipped up a few paper butterflies to hang on our chandelier for her party.
Here’s how they turned out:
First I cut out a butterfly shape from plain cardstock. Then I took decorative card stock and folded it in half (to get mirror images) and cut out some hearts, paisleys and teardrop shapes. I glued them with gluestick on both sides, them trimmed them with some Elmer’s 3-D glue, to make it shimmer.
Not too fancy, but I used what I had in my studio. When I go to hand them in her room, I have to rig them up with some fishing line so that they “float.” Oh, the fun of crafting for little birthday girls!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018