One of the coolest tools at CHA 2015 was the new Photo Sleeve Fuse tool. Used to cut and fuse plastic sheets and scrapbooking page protectors, this heat tool creates opportunities to make custom pockets for scrapbooking, waterfall cards and pages, and even attach embellishments.
I am pleased to team up with WRMK today to share with you this overview and let you know that there is a special bundle coming soon to HSN!
Disclosure: Samples provided for review purposes; however my opinions are honest and my own and based on my first-hand experience. I was financially compensated for this post. Some links below may be affiliate links and I will be compensated with a portion of the purchase price- usually 5-7%. So thank you for your support!
Shall we take a look first? I made you an unboxing/haul video! (under 5 minutes.)
In case you missed it, here’s what’s inside:
- Fuse tool, with ruler, stand and two tips (1)
- 12×12 photo sleeves (15)
- 4×6 photo sleeves (20)
- 4×4 photo sleeves (20)
- 2×2 photo sleeves (20)
- 1.8×2.4 photo sleeves (20)
- heat resistant mat (20)
- cards (6)
- shaker cards (6)
- embellishments (52)
- envelopes (12)
- sequins (1)
But more on that HSN bundle later. 🙂
Next, I gave this puppy a test run. (I’ll have a separate review video with more tips and tricks soon!)
I tried all of the tips, and I found them easy to use. The only hard part? Waiting for them to cool so I could switch them out! I’m such an impulsive crafter I think I might get a second one just so I can keep the plain fuse/cutting tip in one, and have a decorative tip in the other.
Since I’m impatient, I used a flat-tip set of jewelry pliers to unscrew the tips and placed them, still warm, into a terra cotta coaster.
I tested all of the tips. With each, it took 2 minutes or so for the tip to heat to the right temperature. I suggest keeping one sleeve as your “tester” so that you can ensure it’s hot enough to continue.
And here’s your common-sense warning: the tips are hot. Do not use around children or animals. Take reasonable precautions not to touch yourself with the tip!
I wanted to see if free-handing worked as well as with the rulers… so I tried it out. You certainly want to go slow and get a nice cut/fuse. But you can make any shape you want!
Next I tried fusing some of the fusible shapes that WRMK provided. Its amazing- and really just FUN- to use the Fuse the elements of your project together.
Want to see? I made a quick-time video for you. It’s only 2 minutes!
I really had a great time crafting without ANY ADHESIVE!
Now, if you are interested, here is what you need to know about that HSN bundle:
- The Fuse is available in a bundle set with for a special price for one day only – Wednesday, July 1, 2015 on HSN
- MSRP on the kit is over $100, but the one-day special will be a fraction of that price.
- We can’t reveal HSN TS pricing until July 1, but it’s AMAZING!
- The Fuse is a heat tool that easily allows the user to easily create custom pockets and sleeves for use in sealing keepsakes, memorabilia, crafts and party decor.
- The Fuse tool comes with a fusing tip, cutting tip, ruler, stencil and tool stand.
- The welding tip creates a strong, clean, micro-weld seam that will not tear or separate, while the cutting tip allows you to create a slit in any plastic sleeve.
- Plastic sleeves included in this get are acid free, PVC free, archival material.
So there you go! I’m going to do some experimenting and I’ll have a full review video soon. But in the meanwhile, I have to ask- are you excited about this tool? Would you use it in your crafting? I can’t wait to tune in on Wednesday July 1 to see the presentation on HSN!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing and Giveaway! - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018