I’ve got my word for the year.
My One Little Word.
**Right now I can hear some of you asking, what the heck is that???**
One Little Word, or OLW, was started by professional scrapbook designer Ali Edwards in 2006. From her website:
I began a tradition of choosing one word for myself each January—a word that I can focus on, meditate on, and reflect upon as I go about my daily life. My words have included play, peace, vitality, nurture, story, light and up. These words have each become a part of my life in one way or another. They’ve been embedded into who I am, and into who I’m becoming. They’ve been what I’ve needed (and didn’t know I needed). They’ve helped me to breathe deeper, to see clearer and to grow.
She also offers a class you can take. But I digress.
I picked a word for this year. Because it’s a BIG YEAR for me already.
Recently, a new book came out: Attack of the Customers: Why Critics Assault Brands Online and How To Avoid Becoming a Victim
by Paul Gillin, whom I met at a conference a few years ago. I, along with CraftTestDummies.com, am mentioned on page 139-140 as a “new influencer.” (The book is on marketing and PR and how companies should reach out to their audiences. New Influencers are one way.) I think it’s pretty cool to be recognized by a marketer for the little community I’m building here.
Later this week, I’m heading to CHA to attend the tradeshow. I’ll have a whole post just on that, but it’s always a new opportunity to network, enjoy the creative community, and see what the industry has to offer.
And there is another, REALLY HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT coming up this week too. It’s a big deal to me and my family. BIG. DEAL.
But the point is, I’ve got a lot going on this year- new beginnings, new opportunities. And I’ve got some big changes to make in how I approach things, how I forgive, how I organize.
So my One Little Word is: EMBRACE.
Do you participate in One Little Word? What is your word, or what comes to mind? Would you try it? I’d love to hear from you…
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018